[Python-Dev] Replacement for print in Python 3.0

Paul F. Dubois paul at pfdubois.com
Fri Sep 2 09:18:37 CEST 2005

Remove the print statement....I laughed until my sides hurt. Hello? Try
dating girls and talking to normal people, geek boys.

We scientists still use these for debugging. We never 'move on' very far
from the tutorial. The salient feature about print statements is that
they live to be put in and commented out 10 minutes later, without some
import being required or other enabling object being around.

Easy things should be easy. Hard things should be possible. I don't
believe the person who said the trailing comma case mixed up anybody,
not for more than 10 seconds anyway.

OK, now that I've offended everyone, I'll go back into retirement. But I
*am* laughing at you.