[Python-Dev] Conversion to Subversion is complete

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 21:12:57 CEST 2005

On 10/27/05, Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at acm.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 27 October 2005 23:03, Brett Cannon wrote:
>  > I guess, but I just don't like wikis personally so I have no
>  > inclination to make the conversion.  If someone wants to make the
>  > conversion over to the wiki and keep it up that's fine, but I have no
>  > problem keeping the dev FAQ updated like I have for CVS in the past.
>
> And I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts!  I certainly do.
>
> Regarding using the wiki... I have mixed feelings.  Wikis are really, really
> good for some things.  Anything that's "how-to" based on technology (how to
> use SVN, CVS, etc.) seems like a reasonable candidate, because we get the
> advantages of peer review.
>
> For things that describe policy, I don't think that's so great.  For policy
> (how to use SVN for Python development, because we have certain rules), I
> think we want to maintain strict editorial control.

I like that explanation more than mine.  =)  So I am just going to
keep the FAQ up then.  If there is anything at
http://www.python.org/dev/svn.html people feel should be moved over to
the FAQ that has not occurred yet, let me know.  Please have personal
experience, though, with what you want added so as to make sure the
information is relevant (e.g., Tim suffering through getting an SSH 2
key for Windows and what is exactly needed, complete with screenshots
=) .

-Brett