[Python-Dev] Divorcing str and unicode (no more implicitconversions).

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Oct 27 11:25:22 CEST 2005

Greg Ewing wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>

>>If you are told to debug a program
>>written by say a Japanese programmer using Japanese identifiers
>>you are going to have a really hard time.
>

> Or you could look upon it as an opportunity to
> broaden your mental horizons by learning some
> Japanese. :-)

I just took Japanese as exmaple for a language and script
that I don't know anything about. I would actually love
to learn some Japanese, but simply don't have the time
for learning it.

Anyway, I could just as well have chosen Tibetian, Thai or Limbu
scripts (which all look very nice, BTW):

	http://www.unicode.org/charts/

Perhaps this is not as bad after all - I just don't think that
it will help code readability in the long run.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 27 2005)