[Python-Dev] Simplify lnotab? (AST branch update)

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Oct 14 22:05:13 CEST 2005

At 02:41 PM 10/14/2005 -0400, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
>YAGNI

If the feature were there, I'd have used it already, so I wouldn't consider
it YAGNI.  In the cases where I would've used it, I instead split generated
code into separate functions so I could compile() each one with a different
filename.

Also, I notice that the peephole optimizer contains stuff to avoid making
co_lnotab "too complex", although I haven't looked at it to be sure it'd
actually benefit from an expanded lnotab format.