[Python-Dev] s/hotshot/lsprof

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun Nov 20 22:43:45 CET 2005

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Armin Rigo wrote:
>> If anyone feels like this is a bad idea, please speak up.
>
> As stated, it certainly is a bad idea.

This is a bit extreme...

> To make it a good idea, there should also be some commitment to
> maintain this library for a number of years. So who would be
> maintaining it, and what are their plans for doing so?

Well, the post was made by Armin who has been involved in CPython
development for quite a few years now, and mentioned that work on
lsprof was done by me who has been around for even longer -- neither
of us are going to quit anytime soon.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I think if we have the choice, I'd rather we didn't explicitly put
  flaws in the reST syntax for the sole purpose of not insulting the