[Python-Dev] Problems with the Python Memory Manager

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Thu Nov 17 00:04:32 CET 2005

Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> [1] There *is* an array type for general PyObjects in scipy_core, but
> that's not being used in the code that blows up and has nothing to do
> with the problem Travis is talking about.

I seemed to have misunderstood the discussion.  Was the original user
accessing and saving copies of many millions of these doubles?  That's
the only way that I would be able to explain the huge overhead, and in
that case, perhaps the user should have been storing them in scipy
arrays (or even Python array.arrays).

 - Josiah