[Python-Dev] dev FAQ updated with day-to-day svn questions

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:43:43 CET 2005

Brett Cannon wrote:
> I just finished fleshing out the dev FAQ
> (http://www.python.org/dev/devfaq.html) with questions covering what
> someone might need to know for regular usage.  If anyone thinks I
> didn't cover something I should have, let me know.

For question 1.2.10, I believe you also want:

   [miscellany]
   enable-auto-props = yes

so that "svn add" works properly.

Question 1.4.1 should cover the use of "svn diff" instead of "cvs diff" to
make the patch.

On that note, we need to update the patch submission guidelines to point to
SVN instead of CVS (those guidelines also still say context diffs are
preferred to unified diffs, which I believe is no longer true).

Cheers,
Nick.