[Python-Dev] Plea to distribute debugging lib

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Nov 4 23:29:56 CET 2005

David Abrahams wrote:
> Who knows what the whiny babies will accept?  That said, I think
> people would be happy with a .zip file containing whatever is built by
> selecting the debug build in the VS project and asking it to build
> everything. (**)

I would go a step further than Tim: Send me (*) a patch to msi.py (which
is used to build the distribution) that picks up the files and packages
them in the desired way, and I will include the files it outputs
in the official distribution. This is how the libpython24.a got in
(and this is also the way in which it will get out again).

In the patch, preferably state whom to contact for the specific feature,
as I won't be able to answer questions about it.

I don't have a personal need for the feature (I do have debug builds
myself, and it takes only 10 minutes or so to create them), so I won't
even have a way to test whether the feature works correctly.

Regards,
Martin

(*) that is, sf.net/projects/python