[Python-Dev] Proposal: can we have a python-dev-announce mailing list?

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 4 00:41:12 CET 2005

> I know I would be much helped with a moderated python-dev-announce
> mailing list, which would be only low-volume, time-critical
> announcements for people developing Python. Even during times when I
> am actively following python-dev it would be handy to have important
> announcements coming in in a separate mailbox in stead of buried
> under design discussions and such...

Firstly, my apologies for the current delay in summaries, which
exacerbates this problem (although others are right when they say
that things sometimes happen too fast even for on-time summaries).

A while back there was talk about a mailing list for PEP changes and
the solution was instead to use the "topic" feature of mailman,
essentially creating a subset-mailing-list.  Would something like
this be feasible for this?  (I don't really know enough how how the
topic feature can be used to know if it is workable or not).

I presume that this would still need some sort of action from the
poster (e.g. including a tag somewhere), but it would probably be
easier for people to remember to do that than cross-post to another
list entirely.

=Tony.Meyer