[Python-Dev] PEP 342/343 status?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat May 28 08:18:24 CEST 2005

Brett C. wrote:
> Been rather quite around here lately so I just wanted to do a quick check to
> see what the status is on PEPs 342 and 343.  I noticed Nick's PEP is still not
> up.  Probably too busy with that fix for genexps in the AST branch, huh, Nick?  =)

Something like that. . . still, I finally got around to fixing the formatting in
the text file and sending it back to David :)

> Guido, you need something hashed out from us at this point, or do you have this
> all settled in your head and are just waiting for time to lock it down in the
> PEP?  Or should the PEPs be changed from draft to final and an implementation
> (which I am *not* volunteering for  =) is now needed?

There's a generator finalisation PEP to come from Raymond, and Guido has made
some comments on that front that probably need to be folded into PEP 343.

And implementations will probably have to wait for the AST branch anyway. . .

Off-to-fix-the-generator-symbol-table-entries'ly,
Nick.