[Python-Dev] Merging PEP 310 and PEP 340-redux?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed May 11 23:04:35 CEST 2005

Paul Moore wrote:
> PS Apologies if I missed the discussion of this in the PEP - as I say,
> I've only skimmed it so far.

With Guido's latest comments, it looks like this is going to be going into the
"Open Issues" section - his current inclination is that do statements should
only abstract finally clauses, not arbitrary exception handling. I believe he's
misinterpreting the cause of the pushback against PEP 340 (I think it was the
looping that was found objectionable, not the ability to suppress exceptions),
but *shrug* :)

Cheers,
Nick.