[Python-Dev] PEP 340 -- concept clarification

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Wed May 4 03:00:49 CEST 2005

> >(So do you want this feature now or not? Earlier you said it was no
big
> deal.)
>
> It *isn't* a big deal; but it'd still be nice, and I'd happily
volunteer
> do the actual implementation of the 'close()' method myself, because
it's
> about the same amount of work as updating PEP 333 and sorting out any
> political issues that might arise therefrom.  :)

Can I recommend tabling this one for the time being.  My sense is that
it can be accepted independently of PEP 340 but that it should wait
until afterwards because the obvious right-thing-to-do will be
influenced by what happens with 340.

Everyone's bandwidth is being maxed-out at this stage.  So it is
somewhat helpful to keep focused on the core proposal of generator
driven block/suite thingies.

Raymond