[Python-Dev] webbrowser.py: browser >/dev/null 2>&1

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Mar 24 00:45:11 CET 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 08:25, Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra wrote:
 > Under some linux distros (I'm positive for some Mdk releases), Mozilla is
 > compiled dumping a lot of info to stdout/stderr. Since one of the goals of
 > webbrowser is to give the end-user a stress-free experience, there goes
 > the mentioned nullification <wink>.

This sounds familliar.  This was certainly true when Mozilla was young and I
actually wrote the webbrowser module.  (Or was that, when Grail was young?  I
don't even remember if there was a Mozilla for the first version!)

 > In a development environment, a developer should not find difficulty to
 > reverse that if needed.

Right.  I think if the API provides a control for this and some mention is
made in the documentation, that would be good.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>