[Python-Dev] webbrowser.py: browser >/dev/null 2>&1

Oleg Broytmann phd at mail2.phd.pp.ru
Wed Mar 23 13:40:20 CET 2005

Hello!

   While I'm working on webbrowser... Why do all graphical browsers are
called with their stdout/stderr redirected to /dev/null? Do we really
need to hide problems from the user? Browsers are usually silent beasts
- they interact with the user using windows, not stdio.
   (Text-mode browsers, naturally, use stdout... for their windows).

   I'd like to remove all those redirects. Any opinion?

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru