[Python-Dev] LinkedHashSet/LinkedHashMap equivalents

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 22:01:44 CET 2005

Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> wrote:
> [About an ordered dictionary]
[snip]
> I cannot understand why people are against adding it to stdlib (after
> the name, the implementation, and the exact place have been decided).
> It's certainly a useful data type, isn't it?

Well, that was basically the question I posed.  So far I've seen only
one use for it, and that one is better served by adding a function to
itertools.  What use do you have for it other than filtering
duplicates from a list while retaining order?

Steve
--
You can wordify anything if you just verb it.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy