[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Modules ossaudiodev.c, 1.35, 1.36

Greg Ward gward at python.net
Tue Mar 8 02:14:43 CET 2005

On 07 March 2005, Anthony Baxter said:
> Um, unless I misread this, you added new attributes to the ossaudiodev
> objects in the 2.4 branch. Please don't do this - this is a new
> feature, and suddenly people who want to use those new attributes have
> to either test for version >= 2.4.1, or else do a hasattr test. Please
> see the bugfix PEP for more rationale on this...

D'ohhh -- busted!  My only excuse is that the lack of these attributes
was originally filed as a bug report, and I suddenly realized "oops! new
attributes == feature request" just as I was checking the change in on
2.4.

I'll revert the change on 2.4 if you (or anyone) really wants me to.
Otherwise, I'd rather leave it as-is and go fix more bugs.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward at python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
I don't believe there really IS a GAS SHORTAGE.. I think it's all just