[Python-Dev] Failing tests: marshal, warnings

Greg Ward gward at python.net
Mon Mar 7 00:11:26 CET 2005

Anyone else seeing test failures on the 2.4 branch right now?  I started
seeing this failure:

  test_warnings
  test test_warnings failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/test/test_warnings.py", line 57, in test_warn_specific_category
      warnings.warn(text, category)
    File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/warnings.py", line 57, in warn
      warn_explicit(message, category, filename, lineno, module, registry)
    File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/warnings.py", line 92, in warn_explicit
      raise message
  RuntimeWarning: unfiltered RuntimeWarning

yesterday, so I "cvs up"'d today to see if it had been fixed.  Now, not
only is test_warnings failing, so is test_marshal:

  test_marshal
  test test_marshal failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/test/test_marshal.py", line 88, in test_floats
      got = marshal.load(file(test_support.TESTFN, "rb"))
  IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '@test'

Naturally, they only fail when running the full test suite.  ;-(  I sure
hope my recent fix to textwrap isn't to blame!  I'll fiddle around a bit
in my working dir and see if I can figure out what's going on, but I'd
like to know if I'm the only one seeing these problems...

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward at python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.