[Python-Dev] A bug in pyconfig.h under Linux?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jun 14 17:39:29 CEST 2005

Fernando Perez wrote:
> sorry for posting to this list, but I'm not even 100% sure this is a bug.  If it
> is, I'll gladly post it to SF if you folks want it there.

This is not a bug. Most likely, sc_weave.cpp fails to meet the
requirement documented in

http://docs.python.org/api/includes.html

"Warning:  Since Python may define some pre-processor definitions which
affect the standard headers on some systems, you must include Python.h
before any standard headers are included. "

If you follow this recommendation, this kind of error should not occur.

Regards,
Martin