[Python-Dev] Closing old bugs

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 06:41:51 CEST 2005

On 6/1/05, Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote:

> > Old age and a missing OP is not sufficient reason to close a bug.
>
> But if closing a bug is an effective way of kicking things into life
> again...

I'm seeing this effect in a lot of bugs I closed as old ones. I think
that using the mail-OP-and-commenters property of the SF bug tracking
is a good thing here, and that that mail is enough alert to the
interested people for them to reopen the bug if not closed correctly.

Take note that for closing it, first there's a warning, and if in a
*month* (which really happens to delay into several months, my fault)
the interested people don't take care again of that bug...

However, I'm not opposing myself to a change in our behaviour about
this old bugs. Let's just define a new procedure (if we want to) and
then I'll follow it.

Thanks.

.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/