[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jul 29 12:34:02 CEST 2005

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> I'd like to see the Python source be stored in Subversion instead
> of CVS,

+1

> and on python.org instead of sf.net. To facilitate discussion,
> I have drafted a PEP describing the rationale for doing so, and
> the technical procedure to be performed.

Not sure about the move to svn.python.org. This would
bind additional developer resources for doing administration
work.

If SF is such a show-stopper, would it be reasonable to
look for managed alternatives, such as eg. CollabNet (who
funded Subversion development) ?

Perhaps we could get a good deal from them given that the
PSF is a non-profit organization. Greg Stein could probably
provide contacts to the right people to talk to.

http://www.collab.net/products/team_edition/index.html

Just an idea,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 29 2005)