[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 29 01:06:47 CEST 2005

[...]
> Publish the Repositories
> ========================
[...]
> As an option, websvn (available
> e.g. from the Debian websvn package) could be provided.

Is there any reason that this should be an option, and not just done?  For
occasional source (particularly C source) lookups, I've found webcvs really
useful (especially when on a machine without cvs or ssh).  I presume that
I'm not alone here.

If there are issues with it (stability, security, whatever), then I could
understand making it optional, but otherwise I think it would be great if
the PEP just included it.

=Tony.Meyer