[Python-Dev] C bindings calling tmpfile() blocks interrupt signal

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon Jul 11 11:51:12 CEST 2005

On Monday 11 July 2005 19:32, Michael Hudson wrote:
> Well, again assuming my guess is right, it's probably an OS X bug, but
> really threads vs signals issues are enormously subtle and frequently
> messed up.

I think mwh meant to say "threads vs signals is a platform-dependant
trail of misery, despair, horror and madness".

> Python 2.4 is much less vulnerable to such cock ups.

Note that the underlying platform issues are still there, it's
just that Python itself is much less likely to lose on these
issues. This is also probably only true for mainstream operating
systems - for the more niche ones like HP/UX or Irix, there's
quite probably still issues hanging around. These are unlikely to
get fixed unless someone who cares about these platforms is willing
to spend a lot of time working on it. At one point, I was spending
some time on this (using the DEC^WCompaq^WHP "testdrive" systems),
but I stopped caring about them quite a while ago now. Too much
pain, for zero gain for me.