[Python-Dev] Chaining try statements: eltry?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jul 7 21:20:33 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 14:54, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> How would a PEP to *remove* this feature fare today?

Not well, I hope, although I suppose everything's up for debate in Py3K.

Yes, they're rarely used and there is an alternative, but I do find them
useful and succinct when they're needed.  Also, I don't think they're
really much of a burden on newbies because mostly, they just don't
encounter them or need to know about them.

-Barry