[Python-Dev] using pyhon from the MSYS shell

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jul 6 01:08:40 CEST 2005

Aahz wrote:
> Hrm.  I thought we told people to start with comp.lang.python for
> porting questions, but I'm happy to be corrected.

I'm unaware of such a policy, but I may have missed the relevant
discussion. I could understand that questions of the kind "I tried
to build Python on X, and the compiler gave me the error message
Y" are for comp.lang.python - these messages are really the of the
"I need help" kind.

The specific message was more of the "I would like to change
code fragment X to Y to make it work on platform Z" kind - although
in the end, he still indicated that he appreciated help.

Oh well,

Martin