[Python-Dev] Terminology for PEP 343

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun Jul 3 16:04:52 CEST 2005

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> writes:

> At 05:41 PM 6/30/2005 -0400, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
>>With 343 accepted, we can now add __enter__() and __exit__() methods to
>>objects.
>>
>>What term should describe those objects in the documentation?
>
> Resource managers.

Thing is, there may be no resource; in my talk at EuroPython:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/recexc.pdf

I used a with statement to establish and dis-establish an error
handler -- would you call that a resource?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  The meaning of "brunch" is as yet undefined.
                                             -- Simon Booth, ucam.chat