[Python-Dev] Decimal rounding doc

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:55:46 CEST 2005

On 7/1/05, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:

> My suspicion is that someone at some point thought that Cowlishaw was
> sufficient; we probably should write some base-level docs that explain
> the Python mechanisms and refer to Cowlishaw for details.

Well, it's already well explained, with examples and all, in the PEP 327:

http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0327.html#rounding-algorithms

I'll point to there from the Money PEP, but I think this should be
somewhere in the docs. I mean, as a final user, you shouldn't read a
PEP or a 3rd party doc to know how to use a module.

.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/