[Python-Dev] Should Python's library modules be written to help the freeze tools?

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 31 00:28:42 CET 2005

[Tony Meyer]
> The main question (to steal Thomas's words) is whether the
> library modules should be written to help the freeze tools
> - if the answer is 'yes', then I'll submit the above as a
> patch for 2.5.

[Martin v. Löwis]
> The answer to this question certainly is "yes, if possible". In this
> specific case, I wonder whether the backwards compatibility is still
> required in the first place. According to PEP 291, Greg Smith and
> Barry Warsaw decide on this, so I think they would need to comment
> first because any patch can be integrated.
[...]

Thanks!  I've gone ahead and submitted a patch, in that case:

[ 1112812 ] Patch for Lib/bsddb/__init__.py to work with modulefinder
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1112812&group_id=5
470&atid=305470>

I realise that neither of the people that need to look at this are part of
the '5 for 1' deal, so I need to wait for one of them to have time to look
at it (plenty of time left before 2.5 anyway) but I'll do 5 reviews for the
karma anyway, today or tomorrow.

=Tony.Meyer