[Python-Dev] 2.3 BRANCH FREEZE imminent!

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Jan 25 14:05:02 CET 2005

As those of you playing along at home with python-checkins would know, we're
going to be cutting a 2.3.5c1 shortly (in about 12 hours time).

Can people not in the set of the normal release team (you know the drill)
please hold off on checkins to the branch from about 0000 UTC, 26th January
(in about 12 hours time). After than, we'll have a one-week delay from release
candidate until the final 2.3.5 - until then, please be ultra-conservative
with checkins to the 2.3 branch (unless you're also volunteering to cut an
emergency 2.3.6 <wink>).

Assuming nothing horrible goes wrong, this will be the final release of Python
2.3.

The next bugfix release will be 2.4.1, in a couple of months.

(As usual - any questions, comments or whatever, let me know via email,
or #python-dev on irc.freenode.net)

Anthony