[Python-Dev] a bunch of Patch reviews

Irmen de Jong irmen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 19 00:25:54 CET 2005

Martin,

> Irmen de Jong wrote:
>
>> 1- I can't add new files to this tracker item.
>>    Should I open a new patch and refer to it?
>

> Depends on whether you want tracker admin access (i.e.
> become a SF python project member). If you do,
> you could attach patches to bug reports not
> written by you.

That sounds very convenient, thanks.
Does the status of 'python project member' come with
certain expectations that must be complied with ? ;-)

>> 2- As shadow passwords can only be retrieved when
>>    you are root, is a unit test module even useful?
>

> Probably not. Alternatively, introduce a "root" resource,
> and make that test depend on the presence of the root resource.

I'm not sure what this "resource" is actually.
I have seen them pass on my screen when executing the
regression tests (resource "network" is not enabled, etc)
but never paid much attention to them.
Are they used to select optional parts of the test suite
that can only be run in certain conditions?

> In any case, what is important is that the documentation is
> added - it can always be rearranged later.

I've copied and adapted the "pwd" module chapter.

I'll try to have a complete patch ready tomorrow night.

Bye,
-Irmen.