[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 246: LiskovViolation as a name

Chermside, Michael mchermside at ingdirect.com
Thu Jan 13 16:42:44 CET 2005

Phillip writes:
> IMO, it's simpler to handle this use case by letting __conform__
return
> None, since this allows people to follow the One Obvious Way to not
conform
> to a particular protocol.
>
> Then, there isn't a need to even worry about the exception name in the

> first place, either...

+1. Writing a default __conform__ for object is reasonable.

Alex writes:
> I'd rather not make a change to built-in ``object''  a prereq for PEP
246

Why not? Seems quite reasonable. Before __conform__ existed, there
wasn't
one for object; now that it exists, object needs one.

-- Michael Chermside

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you believe you have received the message in error, please notify the sender and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.