[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 246: LiskovViolation as a name

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Wed Jan 12 19:08:20 CET 2005

Skip writes:
> I had never heard the term before and consulted the Google oracle as well.

This must be one of those cases where I am mislead by my background...
I thought of Liskov substitution principle as a piece of basic CS
background that everyone learned in school (or from the net, or wherever
they learned programming). Clearly, that's not true.

Guido writes:
> How about SubstitutabilityError?

It would be less precise and informative to ME but apparently more so
to a beginner. Obviously, we should support the beginner!

-- Michael Chermside