[Python-Dev] PATCH/RFC for AF_NETLINK support

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jan 11 08:54:42 CET 2005

Philippe Biondi wrote:
> I've done a small patch to use linux AF_NETLINK sockets (see below).
> Please comment!

I have a high-level comment - python-dev is normally the wrong place
for patches; please submit them to sf.net/projects/python instead.

Apart from that, the patch looks fine.

> Is there a reason for recvmsg() and sendmsg() not to be implemented
> yet in socketmodule ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "implemented": these functions are
implemented by the operating system, not in the socketmodule.

If you ask "why are they not exposed to Python yet?": There has been no
need to do so, so far. What do I get with recvmsg that I cannot get with
recv/recvfrom just as well?

Regards,
Martin