[Python-Dev] Re: [Csv] csv module TODO list

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Wed Jan 5 18:38:52 CET 2005

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Andrew> There's a bunch of jobs we (CSV module
> maintainers) have been
>     Andrew> putting off - attached is a list (in no particular order):

> In addition, it occurred to me this evening that there's
> functionality in the csv module I don't think anybody uses.
> I'm also not aware that anyone really uses the Sniffer class,
> though it does provide some useful functionality should you
> need to analyze random CSV files.

I used Sniffer quite heavily for my last contract. The client had
multiple multigig csv's which needed deduplicating, but they were all
from different sources and therefore in different formats. It would have
cost me many more hours without the Sniffer. Please keep it. <:)

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org