[Python-Dev] 2.4 func.__name__ breakage

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:56:14 CET 2005

[Michael Hudson]
> Well, I fixed it on reading the bug report and before getting to
> python-dev mail :) Sorry if this duplicated your work, but hey, it was
> only a two line change...

Na, the real work was tracking it down in the bowels of Zope's C-coded
security machinery -- we'll let you do that part next time <wink>.

Did you add a test to ensure this remains fixed?  A NEWS blurb (at
least for 2.4.1 -- the test failures under 2.4 are visible in the Zope
world, due to auto-generated test runner failure reports; alas, this
is in a new test, and 2.4 worked fine with the Zope tests as they were
when 2.4 was released)?