[Python-Dev] a quit that actually quits

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Dec 29 15:37:23 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> In the mean time I'm a strong believer in "it ain't broke so don't fix
> it" here.

Does that also include my suggestion about improving the startup message?

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a serious
conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a straight face.
It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws wearing body armor
arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing a T-shirt about who's
in more danger."  --Roy Smith