[Python-Dev] ElementTree - Why not part of the core? (fwd)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Dec 13 01:38:41 CET 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> just one question: where do you want the "vendor" checkins ?

external is fine with me.

I think I would have preferred a "real" vendor branch (i.e.
where you do svn merge to integrate the changes, and where
the subsequent external releases all show up in the same
directory, potentially with copies for symbolic release names),
but if you think that manual merging at each external release
is doable/better/simpler, it's fine with me.

Regards,
Martin