[Python-Dev] Broader iterable support for xmlrpclib

skip@pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Dec 6 05:26:05 CET 2005

During the bug day Andrew Kuchling (I think) mentioned that he was working
on some xmlrpclib issues.  I then broached an idea I had a week or so ago to
allow sets to be marshalled as XML-RPC arrays.  This was met with some head
scratching by those present.  Forging ahead nonetheless, I then proposed the
even wackier idea to simply allow all currently unsupported iterables (sets
and arrays seem the most obvious candidates to me) to be marshalled as
lists.  After a couple messages back and forth and more head scratching by
those in attendance I offered to whip up a patch and rationale.  For that,
see here:

    http://python.org/sf/1374063

Skip