[Python-Dev] Admin access using svn+ssh

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Aug 22 18:20:42 CEST 2005

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> More confusion here.  If I use some sort of shared access how will the
> system ascribe changes I make to me and not, for example, Martin?

In pythondev's authorized_keys2, we have a line

command="/usr/bin/svnserve --root=/data/repos/projects -t
--tunnel-user 'Skip Montanaro'",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,
no-agent-forwarding,no-pty ssh-dss <your key>

So the *only* command you are allowed to invoke is svnserve (actually,
sshd will invoke that no matter what the ssh client requests). This
will tell subversion that changes should be logges as 'Skip Montanaro'.

> I think until this experiment is over and we have really and truly migrated
> to svn I will simply let other people fuss with things.

Well, you are not required to understand it, but you should try to use
it. Just check out svn+ssh://pythondev@svn.python.org/python/trunk/Misc,
and see whether this works.

Regards,
Martin