[Python-Dev] Collecting SSH keys

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Aug 21 18:19:45 CEST 2005

Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> What about people with a whole host of ssh keys?  I have a different key
> for each system I use (currently at least 6).  Will this be supported?
> Will the different keys identify the same person?

That would be possible, yes. You should send a single file containing
all of them, and, each time something changes, resend the entire
file. All of your keys would identify "Sjoerd Mullender".

I don't know how this scales in OpenSSH having an authorized_keys
file with hundred or more keys. On the wire, this seems safe, as
it apparently is the client which offers various keys, and the
server which then accepts or rejects them.

Regards,
Martin