[Python-Dev] PEP 347: Migration to Subversion

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Tue Aug 16 23:06:37 CEST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Martin v. Löwis]
>
>> I have placed a new version of the PEP on
>>
>> http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0347.html

> +1 from me.  But, I don't think my vote should count much, and (sorry)
> Guido's even less:  what do the people who frequently check in want?
> That means people like you (Martin), Michael, Raymond, Walter, Fred.
> ... plus the release manager(s).

+1 from me for various reasons:

* Subversion seems to be stable enough, and it's better than CVS
which is enough for me.

* The python.org machines can probably handle the load of *one*
repository better then the SF machines that of several thousands.

* Connectivity to python.org is much better then to cvs.sf.net (at
least from here).

* Our company repository might move to svn in the near future, so a
Python svn repository would be a perfect playground to learn svn. ;)

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald