[Python-Dev] cvs to bzr?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Aug 15 07:12:34 CEST 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:39:41 -0500, skip wrote:

>     Lalo> You can, however, convert from CVS to baz (arch), and from there
>     Lalo> to bzr.
>
> Would this be with cscvs?  According to the cscvs wiki page at
>
>     http://wiki.gnuarch.org/cscvs
>
> cscvs is current unmaintained and can't handle repositories with branches.
> In addition, it appears that to do a one-time convertsion from cvs to bzr I
> will need to also install arch and baz as well as any other packages they
> depend on.

Canonical has had an ongoing project to pull many cvs trees into baz, for
the benefit of our Ubuntu distribution people amongst other things.  There
are some people working on imports using (I think) a hacked version of
cscvs, and I have asked them to get Python in as a high priority.
Apparently there is something in the cvs history which makes a precise
import hard.

The cvs->baz->bzr process is unfortunate.  As Mark said, we're going to be
moving away from the Arch-based code and so trying to make that process
simpler.

--
Martin