[Python-Dev] Fwd: Distributed RCS

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Mon Aug 15 13:30:36 CEST 2005

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> skip at pobox.com wrote:
>>Granted.  What is the cost of waiting a bit longer to see if it (or
>>something else) gets more usable and would hit the mark better than svn?
>
> It depends on what "a bit" is. Waiting a month would be fine; waiting
> two years might be pointless.

This might be too convoluted to consider, but I thought I might throw it
out there.  We use svn for our repositories, but I've taken to also
using bzr so I can do local commits and reversions (within a particular
svn reversion).  I can imagine expanding that usage to sharing branches
and such via bzr (or mercurial, which looks great), but keeping the
trunk in svn.
--
Benji York