[Python-Dev] Fwd: Distributed RCS

skip@pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Aug 14 14:46:16 CEST 2005

    Martin> Like Skip, I tried experimenting with it.  While that may be the
    Martin> right model, I don't think it is the right software. [problems
    Martin> elided]

    Martin> So I assume that using bazaar-ng right now would cause problems
    Martin> in day-to-day usage.

Granted.  What is the cost of waiting a bit longer to see if it (or
something else) gets more usable and would hit the mark better than svn?  I
presume that once we switch away from cvs to something else, it's unlikely
we would switch again unless some huge roadblock appeared that made the
initial change the wrong one.

I was amazed at the number of different version control systems out there
now.  CVS, while enormously successful from a practical standpoint, clearly
has its detractors.  That there are so many alternatives suggests that it's
not clear yet what the "correct" feature set for a version control system
is.

Skip