[Python-Dev] cvs to bzr?

skip@pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Aug 14 14:37:55 CEST 2005

    >> ... I didn't see any mention in the bzr docs of any sort of cvs2bzr
    >> tool.

    Neil> Haven't tried it but should work:

    Neil>     http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor

Thanks Neil.  I downloaded it last night and played around a bit.  What
follows is a description that will hopefully keep others from stepping in
the same booby traps I did.

It doesn't appear to work at this point, both based on attempts to use it
and hints on the above page.  After some reading, I was able to pull the
latest version with

    wget --exclude-directories=/~lele/projects/tailor/_darcs --mirror \
         --no-parent  --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=3 -e robots=off \
         http://nautilus.homeip.net/~lele/projects/tailor/

(The wget example at the top of the wiki page points to an older version.)

Unfortunately, it (like the older version) is missing

    if __name__ == "__main__":
        main()

in tailor.py and has no call to its main() function anywhere in the source.
This seemed very odd to me, so I added one, as well as a #! line.  I
eventually noticed that there is a vcpx package and in the directory above,
a number of other files, tailor, a bunch of index.html files and a README.
It was reminiscent of expanding a tar file in the bad old days (or unzipping
a zip file nowadays) before everbody got the idea that it would be a good
idea to create a top-level directory...

Anyway, I'm still struggling with it.  If I get further I'll post my
results.  If others have gotten further, tips would be appreciated.

Skip