[Python-Dev] plans for 2.4.2 and 2.5a1

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Fri Aug 12 02:51:55 CEST 2005

So I'm currently planning for a 2.4.2 sometime around mid September. I figure
we cut a release candidate either on the 7th or 14th, and a final a week
later.

In addition, I'd like to suggest we think about a first alpha of 2.5 sometime
during March 2006, with a final release sometime around May-June. This would
mean (assuming people are happy with this) we need to make a list of what's
still outstanding for 2.5. There's a bunch of accepted PEPs that are waiting
for code. Once that's done, there will be a final 2.4.3 sometime after or
close to the 2.5 final release.

Anthony