[Python-Dev] Exception Reorg PEP revised yet again

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 23:28:01 CEST 2005

On 8/11/05, James Y Knight <foom at fuhm.net> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Josiah Carlson wrote:
> > Remember, the Exception reorganization is for Python 3.0/3k/whatever,
> > not for 2.5 .
>
> Huh, I could *swear* we were talking about fixing things for
> 2.5...but I see at least the current version of the PEP says it's
> talking about 3.0. If that's true, this is hardly worth discussing as
> 3.0 is never going to happen anyways.

And why do you think it will never happen?  Guido has already said
publicly multiple times that the 2.x branch will not go past 2.9, so
unless Python goes stale there will be a 3.0 release.  Python 3.0
might not be around the corner, but will come eventually and this
stuff needs to get done at some point.

-Brett