[Python-Dev] PyTuple_Pack added references undocumented

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Aug 8 07:07:51 CEST 2005

On Sunday 07 August 2005 22:14, Guido van Rossum wrote:
 > I think the INCREFs don't need to be documented because you don't have
 > to worry about them -- they follow the normal pattern of reference
 > counts: if you owned an object before passing it to PyTuple_Pack(),
 > you still own it afterwards.

That's right; the function doesn't affect the references you hold in any way,
so there's no need to deal with them.

 > It's not listed in refcounts.dat; that seems an omission (or perhaps
 > the function's varargs signature doesn't fit in the pattern?).

It should and can be listed.  refcounts.dat won't deal with the varargs
portion of the signature, but it can deal with the return value and normal
arguments without worrying about varargs portions of the signature for any
function.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>