[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Aug 2 09:58:12 CEST 2005

George V. Neville-Neil wrote:
> Since Python is Open Source are you looking at Per Force which you can
> use for free and seems to be a happy medium between something like CVS
> and something horrific like Clear Case?

No. The PEP is only about Subversion. Why should we be looking at Per
Force? Only because Python is Open Source?

I think anything but Subversion is ruled out because:
- there is no offer to host that anywhere (for subversion, there is
  already svn.python.org)
- there is no support for converting a CVS repository (for subversion,
  there is cvs2svn)

Regards,
Martin