[Python-Dev] Security capabilities in Python

Eyal Lotem eyal.lotem at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 18:08:01 CEST 2005

It may be really hard to get it right, unless we are overlooking some simple
solution.

I disagree that we should "just use OS protections".
The reason I am interested in Pythonic protection is because it is so much
more powerful than OS protections. The capability model is much more
powerful than the ACL model used by all OS's these days, and allows for
interesting security concepts.

What about implementing the facet in C? This could avoid the class of
problems you have just mentioned.