[Python-Dev] Finding the module from PyTypeObject?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Sep 29 18:56:40 CEST 2004

Nick Bastin <nbastin at opnet.com> writes:

> Is there any way to (reliably) find the module that defined the class
> represented by a given PyTypeObject in C?

Not especially appropriate for python-dev...

I think the answer depends on what you mean by "reliably".  __module__
is a good first bet, but can be defeated with sufficient malice (or
mere inattention, in the case of types defined by C).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  ... the U.S. Department of Transportation today disclosed that its
  agents have recently cleared airport security checkpoints with an